Friday, January 7, 2011

Christmas in California and 2011

I don't know why I have such a hard time coming up with things to write about on this blog. Some of it is just that I don't get around to it.
I am in California for Christmas. You notice, I didn't say SUNNY California. That is because it has been raining for days and will continue to rain for more and more days. Can't wait to get back to SUNNY TEXAS. We drove out here last week and are staying with my daughter Kim and her son, Zeppelin. She got a new house last spring and has been fixing it up. It really looks nice and she is doing a great job. She has three bedrooms, 2 baths, living room, office, family room and kitchen. The kitchen was already redone so she didn't have to worry about that expense. The living room is still in the dry wall stage. She scraped off all the popcorn ceiling and painted everything. Also put in all new floors. She went after her Christmas tree yesterday and due to the rain, it had to sit in garage to dry off before bringing it inside. It isn't decorated yet, I was going to do it for her, but she told her son if he did it, she would redo it after he went to bed. Guess that means, she wants to do it her own way.
We have been using our GPS a lot out here. This is the most we have used it since we got it 5 years ago. Sure is nice to set it and let it do all the work. The traffic is terrible, sure glad we don't have to drive in it all the time.
I have two cousins that live around this area and plan on going to see them. Sally, from my mom's side of family lives in Lake Elsinore and Patti from my dad's side lives the next town to the south. I got a hold of Patti and plan on going to see her on Wednesday afternoon. Tried the phone number I had for Sally and it was disconnected. Don't know if I copied it down right. Anyway, thought I would stop by and see if she is home, if not, leave a note. I got to see Sally in 2002 when we came out here. Patti, I haven't seen since sometime in the 50's. Boy, that is a long time. Going to take the camera and get some pictures for sure. Patti has been working on family tree so we will have a lot to talk about.
We did make it to the Gene Autry Museum of Western Heritage over the weekend. We were going to go to a flea market, but due to all the rain, it was canceled, so the museum was close by and dry. It was nice, but not like we expected. Think we were expecting more on Gene Aurty.
Last night we went to a Christmas show, the All American Boy's Choir. They were very good and it did help to take ones mine off the rain and get you in the Christmas spirit. It was a long drive there and back, but using Kim as our chauffeur and she does a great job.

Okay, we are now back from our California trip. Came home between Christmas and New Years. It is good to get back home. We did get down to visit with my two cousins and so glad we did. Had a great visit with Patti and she told me things about my father's family and my father that I didn't know. Hope to stay in touch with her and learn more. Took Kim and Zeppelin with us to go see Sally and her hubby Winston. Had a nice visit, they do a lot of traveling so we had a lot to talk about. Fun listening to others adventures.

Had a very nice Christmas with Kim and Zeppelin. Got a Family Tree Maker program for my computer with a 3 month membership to Ancestry.com so I have been busy with that. I have found some interesting things and hope to find more. Patti was telling me about my dad's side of family and I didn't have any information on them. Didn't get any from Patti, but with Ancestry.com I traced them back to Jamestown, Va in 1650.

Now for a few pictures to share with you. Remember they are all on my "web albums" and you can click on link under picture or on picture itself to take you to the whole album. I don't post them all........too many of them.
From Christmas 2010
This is your place in Mission, yes we did get up a tree and decorated before we left.

From Christmas 2010
This is daughter, Kim's house in California

From Christmas 2010
Cousin Patti and myself with her grandson, Peter.
From Christmas 2010

My cousin Sally her hubby Winston with Roger and myself.


From Christmas 2010
Daughter, Kim and her son Zeppelin.


Hope every had a great Christmas and got a good start to 2011. We are making our plans for this next year and working around the place to get it the way we want. Busy with park activities and running around with our friends.
Roger got a book for Christmas called "Don't Whiz on a 'Lectric Fence" I am going to use one of the passages from that book for my closing. hehehehe

"Don't name a pig you plan to eat"

No comments: