Saturday, March 5, 2011

Upgrades and Fish fry

I had to go back on read my last blog to know what I wrote about last time, guess that means it has been too long.

This Family Tree Maker is keeping me on the computer and busy. I haven't even done any crafts since we got back from California. I had put all the family info in the program in one tree and then decided to split it up with my family in one tree, Seaton (x-husbands) family in another and Shook (Roger's) in another tree. I find it so interesting to be finding old pictures, census records, draft cards, etc. from Ancestry.com. I also have been saving all the prof I find and loading it to tree and making copies to save and print up. Found some information on my x's (Mike Seaton) 4th great grandfather. He was taken prisoner in 1776 by the British and on Jan. 20th, 1777 he died on a British Prisoner ship in New York harbor. It is these kinds of things that makes history so exciting. Also found one of my greats (can't remember how many) helped with the underground railroad. Another one was in the civil war. I am still having problems tracing some of them to their mother countries. What with all the name changes and spellings, it gets confusing.

The middle of Jan we moved our motor home (RV) into storage as our friends Dick and Darlene were expecting company and they were using their RV spot for one cousin and needed our RV spot for another cousin. We had Ron and Sharon Faught from Mason City in our driveway for about 6 weeks. While here, Tom helped Roger put in a new sidewalk connecting the driveway with the shed in back. Sure glad Tom offered to help........thanks Tom.
We also had a fish fry on our deck in February and had 12 people here eating fish, fries, coleslaw, fruit salad, potato salad, popcorn, pies, cake...............lots and lots of food. Speaking of lots of food, we also had a Super Bowl party at our place.............we were the only ones with a big screen TV. We had so much food left over from that, had to give some of it away.

After Sharon and Tom left to head to Florida, we called the painter and got some paint to paint outside of our mobile home. It was a "John Deer" green and I just hated it. It is now a nice grey to match the grey trim we had on shed. It sure looks a lot nicer. Along with the improvements we have been making, we decided it was time to finish off the kitchen and get the new microwave/convention oven for over the range. It finally got here and we picked it up this past Thursday and Dick and Roger installed it yesterday. I JUST LOVE IT. Now the kitchen is finished and the only thing left is I plan on doing some painting next summer or fall when we get back down here. Roger is planning on tearing the Texas room (sun room) apart and taking down all the old brittle paneling and popcorn ceiling. Will then insulate and put up dry wall. It should be cooler in there, don't think it has any insulation right now.
That pretty well brings us up to date, I do want to add a touch of Spring, Roger brought 2 rose bushes home from Kim's in California and our friend MaryAnn gave him. See...............Spring is coming.



From Fish Fry

Forgot the other news.........................Roger is now learning the computer. He hasn't been getting on it each day, but he is trying and that means a lot to me. One step at a time. Won't be long and he will have his own email address on maybe even on face book. :)

1 comment:

Dale said...

Really love the new look, Alicia. Sure miss being in the valley, especially because my folks really need us there now. We are still in Houston for Terry's treatment, but he is just over half finished. We will see you next year for sure.

Dale